Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Day in the Life...


I am writing this post so I will be able to look back one day and see what a typical day was like with Little E.  I don’t expect it to interest too many people; I am writing it for my own memory!

At 5 months old, this is what a typical weekday looks like for Mommy & Evin:

7:30am- Evin wakes up in her pack n play next to me and starts quietly “talking” to wake me up for the day!

8:00-9:00- Give Evin a bottle (3-4 oz) and pump. Evin usually starts off in my arms and when she needs a break I will lay her on the floor in her boppy, and I give her the rest of her bottle there while I am pumping.  We usually watch The Today Show in the morning. J

9:00-9:30- Evin plays.  I wash bottles & pumping parts and make bottles for the day.

9:30-11:00- Evin naps. I shower/get ready, start laundry, empty the dishwasher, etc.

11:00-11:15-  Evin’s up.  Give medicine and feed her rice cereal.

11:15-12:00-  Play time/Run errands

12:00-1:00-  Give Evin a bottle (5-6 oz) and pump.

1:00-2:00-  Play time/Run errands, I eat lunch

2:00-3:30-  Evin naps.  I work on laundry, paying bills, housework, etc.

3:30-4:00-  Play time

4:00-5:00-  Give Evin a bottle (5-6 oz) and pump.

5:00-5:30-  Play time

5:30-7:00-  Evin naps, Mitch comes home, I work on dinner.

7:00-7:15-  Feed Evin a baby food.

7:15-8:00-  Play time, Mitch & I eat dinner

8:00-9:00-  Mitch gives Evin a bottle (5-6 oz) and I pump.

9:00-9:30-  Play time

9:30-11:30- Evin sleeps in her swing, Mitch goes to bed (usually around 10 since he has to get up at 4:45) if he is working the next day, and I pump for the last time, work on blog posts, play around on the Internet, watch TV, etc.

11:30-11:45-  Give Evin a bath.  We have to fit in 1 more bottle each day and the only way to wake her up to take the last bottle is to give her a bath!

11:45-12:30-  Give medicine and a bottle (3-4 oz).

12:30am-  Bedtime!


This is definitely not followed minute by minute each day.  Her naps vary each day and things look a little bit different if Mitch is off work, if my mom is helping me, or if we are going several places that day.  Evin is pretty good about sleeping in her carseat if we are running around, so naps don’t necessarily have to be taken at home.  The tricky part about being out of the house is feeding her, and me pumping.  She takes an hour to take a bottle, so sometimes this is done in restaurants, the car, or a combination of several places.  I have a pump that works in the car, so I am able to pump there if I need to.

Up until Evin was 4 months old she was eating 7 times a day, which meant 7 hours a day were spent feeding her.  I am glad we have moved past that stage and are now just feeding her 5 times a day.  That was enough to keep us both worn out!

Something in our “schedule” seems to be changing weekly, but I wanted to remember what a typical day was like!

No comments:

Post a Comment