Sunday, April 20, 2014

Evin's Birthday

On Thursday, March 20th, Evin turned 1!!!
{I know, I am SO behind on blogging.}
It was one of the most fun days I have ever had.

I started my long-term substitute teacher job earlier this week, and the teacher I am subbing for was nice enough to arrange for a sub this day so I could be off with Evin on her 1st birthday.  Funny enough, she was pregnant with a little girl and ended up having her this very day.  So her little girl and Evin share a birthday!


Anyway, we started the day off with a little blueberry waffle breakfast while singing "Happy Birthday" to our girl.


I had big plans of making one of these flags to hang outside for Evin's birthday party, but ran out of time and didn't get it done in time for the party.  My mom whipped this one up while she was keeping Evin one day,  so we could hang it up for her birthday.  Thanks, Mums!

Then we headed out for a fun day at the zoo!
Giraffes are my favorite, so we had to get a picture.  I thought Evin would be most interested in the bigger animals, but they were standing pretty still and were far away, so I honestly don't know if she even saw them.



 Twins!
 

Mitch took Evin in the enclosed area with all the birds.  Last time we were there, the birds came so close to us.  This time, they kept their distance, so Evin didn't get to see many.

Daddy did great on snapping this pic!  One of my favorite pictures with my little chick.

Sporting her "It's my birthday" shirt.

Peeking over Daddy's shoulder.

We stopped for a snack break.  Evin was starting to poop out at this point.  She was SO good while we were there though.  She enjoyed it way more than we thought she would!

 After the zoo we had a quick lunch at Panera and then the birthday girl fell asleep in the car on the way home.

After a big nap, she had plenty of cards and presents to open.  We saved Evin's presents from us for her to open on her birthday.  My mom came over to see the birthday girl and to give her gifts as well.

A new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ride-on car!

I made a book with pictures of Evin's family members so we can practice learning people's names.  She didn't care much about it when we gave it to her, but it is one of her favorites to look at now!

Beckham is ALWAYS willing to help open presents.  He's actually not just willing, he is insistent upon opening gifts whether he is invited or not! 
  

Checking out her new shoes from Mums.

 She also gave her an adorable smocked dress, among other things.

We went out for a quick spin in her Cozy Coupe that GiGi and PawPaw gave her at her party.




That evening we went to eat at Cotton Patch with Mums, GiGi & PawPaw.  GiGi & PawPaw came to our house after dinner to give a few more gifts and to have cupcakes.


 We let Evin smash into her cupcake and she did more damage to this one than she did to the big smash cake at her party.  I guess that was her warm-up and this was the real deal!  Of course, my camera died right after I took this picture, so I didn't get any good pictures of it.


I took this picture at 8:06pm, when Evin turned exactly 1 year old.  She has brought so much joy to our lives in one short year.  I can't wait to see what her future will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment