Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy Halloween!

A quick flashback to Halloween last year:

The feathers, the squishy baby cheeks, the round face...it's too cute!

On to this year!
At the school where I teach, each year the PTA does a Pumpkin Party in October as a fundraiser.  Teachers pass out candy and there are fun games and activities for the kids.  It was the perfect opportunity for Evin to get an additional wear out of her Halloween costume.

Presenting....


 My pretty pink poodle!

I made her costume again this year.  I used a pink onesie with pink pants and made little wrist and ankle poofs out of tulle.  I glued some jeweled trim on the neck of the onesie to be her "collar".  I made some fabric ears, another poof for the head, and attached it all to a headband.  Glue on some pink bows and ta-da!  The cutest pink poodle I've ever seen.

Being silly!
 

We passed out candy at the Pumpkin Party, and Evin took her job pretty seriously.  She enjoyed seeing all the kids come by and actually was way better about sitting in my lap than I thought she would be.

Watching the big kids do the cake walk.  
Sidenote- When I was little I always LOVED doing the cake walk at carnivals like this.  I am not sure why because my mom always made WAY better cakes than any cake I ever won.  I guess it was just the thrill of winning?  Ha!


The next Friday was Halloween!  Evin donned her costume one more time to go trick-or-treat at Mums' and GiGi's & PawPaw's houses.


I was so excited to get this picture of them both looking and smiling genuine smiles.  And then I saw Mitch's wings.  Ha!

I was TIRED.  Halloween on a Friday in a kindergarten classroom?  Yikes.

First stop...Mums' house!


Mums did not disappoint and had a treat bucket ready for Evin.

She got lots of goodies, but her favorite was this bracelet set!  She immediately stacked 'em on!

We thanked Mums for the treats, packed up and headed to...

Stop #2- GiGi & PawPaw's house

They were waiting for their favorite trick-or-treater!

Evin got another bag of goodies.  Spoiled little toot!

This time, her favorite item was the pumpkin cup.

Evin only hit up two houses for Halloween this year, but I think she scored pretty big at both of them!  She had fun prancing around in her costume, and we had fun watching her.  It is always exciting to experience new things through her eyes.  Sometimes I think she thinks we are crazy, but most of the time I think she enjoys it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment