Friday, June 21, 2013

Evin Kate's Birthday

After a pretty uneventful labor, we couldn't wait to get our hands on our sweet girl.  Here are a few pictures taken on Evin's birthday!



Proud Daddy getting to know Evin as she was checked out by the nurse.  She detected a heart murmur, but we were told this often disappears on its own after a week or so...more on that later.


Little E!


Obviously a HORRIBLE picture of me and my recent double chin, but we had to get an Aggie picture with Dr. W!


Dr. W and her most recent Aggie delivery!


My first snuggle time with my new little darling.


And then Daddy's turn!  He was (and still is) pretty smitten with her...



PawPaw gettin' up close and personal.

And GiGi getting a peek at EK.

Getting all ready for her bath.  Look at how lopsided her head was!  She had been low and ready to come out of my belly for awhile, but her head was positioned a little sideways.  She likes to turn her head to the right all the time, and I think it is because that is how she was in my tummy.

Not a huge fan of her first bath!

Soap beard!


Our picture as a family of 3 :)


Evin and her Mums


GiGi with Evin

PawPaw isn't used to having little girls around...pretty sure he is wrapped around her finger!

Aunt Kyla and EK

Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Alex with the sleeping beauty

Rachel, one of the sweet L&D nurses



I love this picture Kyla snapped of us on her phone...it was just shortly after Evin's arrival!  I'm not sure how to get rid of the black bars...

 
All snuggled up and ready for bed.  


It is amazing how quickly Evin stole our hearts.  The moment she entered the world, it was difficult to imagine life without her.  We were so, so anxious for her to arrive and we knew that we love her, but I don't think we were prepared for the overwhelming joy that we would feel for her.  We love your beautiful dark hair, your long fingers, your full lips, and your sweet face.  We love you SO much, Evin Kate!


No comments:

Post a Comment