Saturday, August 2, 2014

Week in Photos- 1 year 17 weeks

{Week of July 16th-22nd}



Sweet girl!


The Coots left to head to Chicago this week, and the day they were leaving Lane had some moments where he was upset.  He cried when he realized he had to leave Trigger, the plastic horse he rides at Mums' house.  Poor fella!  I tried to cheer him up by having him feed Trigger a bunch of "food" before he left that day so he wouldn't be hungry while he was gone.  He fed him all the plastic food his toy kitchen had to offer, and seemed satisfied that he would stay full. :)

Notice the carrot shoved in Trigger's mouth.  Haha!

I was so sad to drop these cuties and their mama off at the airport.  I will miss them tons while they are gone!

One of the things on my to-do list this summer was to do a major clean out of our pantry, which had accumulated lots of junk and expired food.  I accomplished most of it while Evin was napping, but she was my "helper" when she woke up.  Her first way of helping was to spill her milk on the floor, loudly say "uh-oh" and then kick her leg around in the milk while staring at me.

Always happy with spaghetti!

She loves to pretend that she is sleeping by laying her head down and holding still.  I suppose here she is sleeping standing up? :)


Evin's walk essentials included sunglasses, milk, Ritz crackers, and her baby iPod.  Ready to go!

We tried library story time again this week and Mums met us there.  Evin liked it better this week than she did last week, but was most interested in getting books out of the middle of the circle and bringing them over to us.  I should get to take her 1 or 2 more times before I start school, and then hopefully Mums will get to take her some since she will keep her on Fridays.

Doing a little shopping with her pink squishy pig in tow.

After dinner one night we made a quick trip to the park.  Evin hadn't ever been in a swing like this, and she didn't really like it.  Maybe because she felt unstable?  Who knows!

She LOVED the slide.  I can't believe my baby is big enough to go to the park, walk around the playground and go down slides!




We went home, she played in the bed of Daddy's truck, took a good bath, and went to bed!

I took these pictures after church on Sunday.  Evin has always gone to big church with us and has mostly done ok.  Lately, she has gotten a little more rowdy and wants to get down and explore, when that obviously isn't an option.  Usually Mitch or I have to get up and take her out of the sanctuary, causing us to miss part of the service.  Mitch has also said he gets "stressed" trying to keep her quiet in church.  Ha!  Well, this time we had been in church for about 10 minutes and I could already tell it wasn't going to be a good day for Evin.  We quickly decided that I would take her and leave her in the nursery for the first time.  I went and got her all checked in, briefly talked with the teachers, kissed her and went back to church.  It felt SO weird leaving her with people I didn't really know.  I know she is in great hands with our church nursery workers, but that was a BIG step for us! 

When I left her, they were loading her group of girls (there were only about 5 kids there that day for her age group and they were all girls!) onto the big group stroller thing and taking them on a walk around the church campus.  The teacher said Evin enjoyed that, but once they got back to the room that she just wanted to be held, so she held her.  Once she goes a few more times I am sure she will be more comfortable and start to play a little more.

I do the Project 365 app on my phone where I take a picture everyday and it saves it in a calendar.  There are some really busy days where I haven't taken any pictures of Evin by the end of the day, so I try to snap a quick one before bed.  On this particular night, this was the best I got.  Cracked me up!

Doing sign language to show "all done!"  She's gotten so good at doing it, even though sometimes she tries to say she is all done after she has only eaten a couple of bites.

Mitch went fishing one night, so Evin and I met my mom for dinner.  She treated us to ice cream afterward, and Evin loved it.  She preferred Mums' ice cream cone vs. my ice cream in a cup.

Can you see how excited/proud Evin is walking out?!

This girl is the best. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment