Monday, June 29, 2015

March

March was a crazy month.  We had Lane's birthday, the Congenital Heart Walk, spring break, Evin's birthday, and lots of sickness mixed in between.


Helping Mums make taco soup for dinner.  Yum!

Nothing better than cozying up in her tent with a good book on a cold day.

My mom texted me this picture while I was at school.  Evin must have decided that Beckham was hungry, so she went to the pantry, got out a paper plate, opening the container of dog food, and got some out for Beckham.  She even served him breakfast in bed. :)

We texted this picture to Kyla to tell Lane to have a Happy Birthday.  What the picture doesn't show is how we worked for about 30 minutes to get her to cooperate and actually look and smile. 

Mia enjoys Evin's tent, too!

Packing with a toddler.  Actually packing the suitcase happened about 4 times!

My mom and Evin went to the popcorn store on the day we were leaving for the Congenital Heart Walk in Round Rock.  They thought popcorn would be a good treat to eat on the car ride (and they were right).  Evin doesn't really look like she's planning on sharing.

We had a great time at the Congenital Heart Walk. <3

When we got home from the walk, Evin got sick with a tummy bug.  Poor girl!  She parked it in our bed for several nights.  It was spring break, so it was good that I was already off work to be home with her, but it wasn't the ideal way to spend half of my break. 

Not feeling well means a top knot, and lots of iPad time.  We watched "Let It Go" on repeat.  :/

Looking and feeling so pathetic.  She would barely touch anything to eat, but she would eat donut holes.  So we provided her with donut holes.


Later in the week she was feeling better, and looking cute!

We had to order her birthday cake at a local bakery, and Evin picked out several treats she would have loved to have.  She has a sweet tooth, for sure!

We went to story time at the Arlington Library and afterward she ran wild through the aisles with me chasing her.

When I fix Evin's hair, I let her look at pictures or play apps on my phone to keep her still and occupied.  After I was finished, I took my phone from her and saw this.  She had selected a picture of Mia to text to someone, and captioned it, "Dog".  We have a genius on our hands!

Funny faces while at lunch, where she insisted on wearing her new Frozen necklace.

Naptime, with her cute little tush in the air.




Ready for the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

Our little hometown parade is small, but fun to attend.  Evin liked most of it, especially the dogs and people who gave out candy.  She did NOT like these men that were doing tricks on motorcycles.

Terror.

The Pickle Queens are the main event of the parade.


Candy, necklaces, and sunglasses.  She's got the parade thing down!



Scarfing down some lunch with GiGi & PawPaw


Evin has come a long way in Little Gym.  She has built up some confidence and is much better at walking on the balance beam and hanging on the bars.  She is extremely quiet while we are there, but she talks about Little Gym while at home.  She loves to sing the songs and practice tricks at home.




Looking sweet in her little jumper.


Ring Around the Rosie is a favorite.  Especially if it is with Lane!


3 Munchkins and Bullseye

We found some dandelions in Mums' side yard...

...and then spread seeds for MORE dandelions in Mums' side yard.  Sorry, Mums!

Evin and I went to a friend's birthday party and Evin wasn't very social, because she was distracted by this:
She was obsessed with watching the dogs outside and spend much of her time sitting on this mat, staring.  She was thrilled if they came over to see her.

There were lots of bigger kids at the party and it was Evin's first time doing a pinata.  Laura and her sweet grandmother took Evin by the hand and made sure she got some candy.

Evin's birthday fell on a Friday this year, and Mitch and I took off work to spend the day with her.  After she went to bed on her birthday eve, our evening consisted of this.  Nothing can test your marriage like putting together a playhouse with a million pieces (many of them are not pictured here).  We stayed up until 1:45 putting her house together.  We were both so happy we had taken off work the next day!

And just like that, our sunshine turned TWO!


We had fun celebrating Evin with an ice cream themed party.
(More birthday posts coming soon!)

Right after we celebrated Evin's birthday, we celebrated Mitch's birthday.  Happy birthday to the greatest hubby & Daddy we could ever ask for!

The big 3-0!

This poor girl...she can't catch a break.  I believe this was her third virus within 5 weeks.  It.was.rough.

Sickness = iPad time.
And a sassy pose.

My school decided to have a spring faculty volleyball tournament for a fun, team-building activity.  My team won...Go Spikers!
I can say I was never chosen MVP during my high school volleyball days, but I was chosen MVP for the tournament.  I won a tiny trophy that my kids were SO excited about.  Ha!

So, these 3 pictures are from the end of March in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Sick, sick, and sick. 
I guess next year in about mid-March you will find me Lysol-ing everything that is within Evin's vicinity. 

Showing me her best grocery store stink eye.



Finally feeling much better.  And we were so thankful!



No comments:

Post a Comment