Friday, February 21, 2014

Week in Photos- 46 weeks old

 {February 5th-11th}
Get ready for one of the longest picture posts ever.  I guess we had a lot going on this week, and this also seemed to be a big week for her developmentally.  She really started to get up and go with crawling this week!

This week we had to make the trip to Cook's to get Evin's monthly RSV shot.  I am not exaggerating when I say we were there for.ev.er.  We were there for 2 and a half hours just for her to get a shot.  Aye aye aye.

Watching a little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while waiting in the waiting room.

Goofy girl!
 Evin pretty much hates going to the doctor.  Can you blame her?  When they first call us back at Cook's, we go into a small area where they get her weight, length, oxygen saturation and blood pressure.  The second we walk back there and start getting her down to her diaper, she clings to me.  She HATES when I put her down on the scale and starts screaming.  So, trying to get the rest of her stats while she is crying and upset- not fun.
Poor girl.

(She weighed 17lbs 1oz and was 30{ish} inches long.  She has been growing like a weed since her repair surgery!)
 After we got into a room, we waited for about an hour and 15 minutes for the doctor.  Luckily, my mom comes along to help and to provide some entertainment. :)

We took some pictures...


...and she enjoyed prancing around on the table for awhile.

  

 Ripping up paper and trying to eat it.

The doctor finally came in, she got her shots, and we were on our way.

 February 7th was the start of Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week, so E wore her red and hearts on this day.

 I could just eat up how cute she looks here!  And so, so big.

 Mitch's mom's birthday was this week, so we spent Friday evening celebrating with family.  Evin hadn't been out to eat with a big group in a long time, so we were curious to see how she would do.  She was pretty shy at first, but warmed up quickly and then had the best time.
She hung with Aunt Elizabeth for awhile.

 Then she headed across the table to see Mitch's mom, Linette AKA GiGi, his Aunt Lisa & his Aunt Cindy.  Three sisters sitting in a row!

Evin with the birthday girl and Mitch's cousin's sweet daughter, Trinity.

"Daddy's My First Valentine" <3
 

 I think if he can have it his way he will be her forever valentine.

I had tried Evin on a couple of different sippy cups in the last few months, and while she liked to play with them, she wasn't great at drinking out of any of them.  We decided to try a cup with a straw and were surprised when she picked it up and drank out of it like she had been doing it her whole life.  Woohoo!
It's a triple win because she likes it, it's cute, and it was an inexpensive $2.99 at Target!

 Love these sweet baby cuddles.  I'll enjoy them while I can!
 Evin thinks the giraffe chair at GiGi and PawPaw's is one of the best things ever.  She loves to roll all over it!

I can't help but laugh when I look at this picture. The Ninja Turtle cowboy was entertaining Evin and I told him to pose for me real quick.

Story time with Uncle M/Daddy.

I snapped these pictures after church and I love them!
Looking so sweet in her cardigan & Valentine's Day dress. :)




She is pretty obsessed with the dogs lately and thinks everything they do is wonderful.  Watching Mia chew on her bone lasted about 10 seconds, because then she went to take it from her.  Yuck.  This is a constant battle- keeping Evin away from Mia's bone (not because Mia will attack, but because it's gross).

Evin and I were both wearing our heart jammies one night, so I asked Mitch to take our picture.

We started off like this:

Then Little E started to feel affectionate and began smothering me with her big, wet, open-mouth kisses. It was terrible and I didn't think it was cute at all... ;)



 So sweet!

Evin got a package in the mail from Granny & Pa for Valentine's Day.

Please look at Beckham in the background.  Anytime we are opening a package or presents, he thinks he needs to be involved.  The second I took everything out of the envelope, he shredded it.  Ha!


Evin cracked me up over the card that was inside.  She LOVED it!

She also got a pretty cute hat that her Pa picked out for her.


 Since she started crawling she has made lots of new discoveries, her favorite being the dog's water bowl.

Having a little hippo ride before bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment