Saturday, May 3, 2014

Week in Photos- 52 weeks

 {Week of March19-25}

This was a busy week!  I was just getting into my long-term sub position, Evin turned 1, and we went to Austin for a visit and for the CHD Walk.


Good morning!

It's not bad getting out of bed to go see this face. :)

Such a silly girl!

 Happy 1st birthday, Evin Kate!
{Many, many more pictures in a previous post!}


My mom was keeping Evin on Friday while Mitch and I were both working.  My mom decided she and Evin would go ahead and head to Austin that morning, so she could help Kyla get the house ready for all the visitors.  Evin found this baby doll that was Kyla's when she was little.  It was our very favorite doll to play with and we affectionately called it "rubber baby" since it was made of rubber.  Evin evidently had a love/hate relationship with rubber baby.  She would hug it and play with it, and then throw it and cry.  Kyla snapped this pic and sent it to me.  Ha!

 On Saturday we participated in the CHD Walk in support of this girl and all the other little heart warriors.
{Again, more pictures in a separate post.}

I LOVE this series of pictures I took while waiting on the big kids to finish playing at Austin Park & Pizza.


 And this one is my favorite!  Looking oh-so-sweetly at her daddy.

 Watching a little March Madness with Uncle Kyle.
  

The next day we did a little shopping.  Evin must have been REALLY tired because she never falls asleep in her stroller.  Ever.  I think this might be the second time it has happened.

Watching some soccer before heading home on what would be the longest trip ever.  A 3 hour drive turned into a 5 hour drive thanks to construction.

Monday the 24th was Mitch's birthday.  We had scheduled Evin's 1 year well-check on this day because we knew we were both supposed to be off work.  Turns out I ended up working, and we weren't able to reschedule, so Daddy took her by himself.  I was SO sad I had to miss it.  It was her first doctor's appointment (out of MANY) that I have missed and I felt like it was a very significant one, being her 1 year appointment.  I sucked it up and demanded that Mitch send me a picture and all the details ASAP.

The message he sent me right after the appointment was, "That was rough."  Even though I shouldn't have, I laughed out loud!  She isn't the best at the doctor (which I don't blame her after all she has been through) and is very clingy and cries when you put her down.
Poor girl!

Appointment details:
18 lbs 3 oz (25%)
28 1/4 inches (18%)
2 shots & blood draw from the toe
-Doc is happy with her growth and says she is right where he wants her to be.
-He could see her teeth right below the gums, but they just won't poke through yet.
-He said usually kids that have teeth come in later have a little bit of delayed growth, so we should expect her to grow for a longer period of time that a child who's teeth are already in.
-He said to continue transitioning her to milk completely before we try to take the bottle away.
 It is always nice to get confirmation that she is doing well!
 
 Helping Daddy open some of his birthday cards.

 This blue-eyed girl loves blackberries!


 Messy little stinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment