Sunday, October 27, 2013

Evin's Mini-Me

My sister, Kyla, has always been a wonderful gift giver.  She is super thoughtful and always finds the cutest things.  She had been telling me she had a gift for Evin but it was taking awhile to come in the mail.  She had me curious and excited!



She ordered Evin a custom made doll that is handmade to look like Evin.  Not only does it look like her, it has scars to match.  Evin's tiny twin doll has a zipper scar on her chest just like Little E.  She has light brown hair with a hint of red, light blue eyes, and an adorable smile.  Evin's name is even stitched in her little foot.


To make the doll even more special, her little dress is made of fabric from one of my dad's old dress shirts.  My dad passed away of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) when I was 19.  I know he would have adored this little girl!  He was such a great "girl dad" and I don't think for one second he ever wished he had a boy.  He was so into every single activity, sport, and club that Kyla and I were a part of.  We both miss him so much and we love to have little reminders of him in our lives.  I hope Evin knows how much her Papa John loves her!




See the hand stitched scar?

This picture kind of makes me laugh.  The older she gets, the harder she is to photograph because she won't hold still.  Throw the little doll into the mix, and it made it all the more difficult.  She kept wanting to look at the doll instead of me, and when I would finally get her looking at me and smiling, she would have her arm on top of the doll's face or body.  We worked hard to get these pictures and I still wish I had some better ones!  Oh well... :)

Matching smiles.

Two little dolls.

Thanks for the wonderful gift, Aunt Kyla!


No comments:

Post a Comment