Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween Fun

I couldn't wait for October to get here this year!  I always look forward to cooler weather, pumpkins, and the beginnings of the holiday season, and this year I was especially excited to enjoy it all with Evin.  I also might have been a tiny bit excited to dress her up in Halloween outfits.  We love our holiday outfits around here, so Evin looked pretty festive all month long.


Pretty cute little jack-o-lantern!

The first week in October Kyla came to Mansfield and we visited our church pumpkin patch with Evin and Lane.  Evin was just to the point in her recovery that we were starting to take her out more places, so being outside at the pumpkin patch was a bit overwhelming for her.  There weren't any other people there at the moment, but she was still SO distracted by the wind, cars driving by, and just the site of all the big ol' pumpkins.  Kyla managed to get a few pictures of her, but she was way too distracted to smile.

Look at Lane and his cheesy lil smile!  He was being bribed with a spy kit if he smiled, so he was putting his best fake smile forward. :)  Pretty cute if you ask me!



A few weeks later we went to Austin visit the Coots and stay for a few days.  We tried for pumpkin patch pictures again, and it was about as successful as the first try!  When Evin is in a new environment, she is not that cooperative for photos.  We got a few smiles out of her and called it a day!



Last October we found out Evin was a girl, so I was able to take advantage of after-Halloween clothing sales.  I scored a few cute pumpkin and Halloween outfits for super cheap!

I stuck that big ol' bow on her for a picture and made her mad!  Needless to say, she did not "love her mummy" at this moment. ;)

My 88 year old Paw (Evin's great-grandfather) bought these adorable Halloween leggings for her.  I couldn't wait for her to wear them!



Excited to carve a pumpkin!  I was also excited that she just really started sitting up on her own this week.

Helping her daddy.


She LOVED the pumpkin.


The finished product!

Her very own girly pumpkin, complete with eyes/lashes traced from Little E's hands.

Proud of their work!



Posing in some of her Halloween jammies.




I started thinking a couple of months ago about Halloween costumes for Evin.  One of my nicknames for her is my little "chicken", so the nickname sparked the idea for her costume.  I easily found some chicken costume ideas on Pinterest (of course) and it looked easy enough to make.  I found most of the supplies at Michael's and Walmart and got busy.  Presenting the cutest chick in town...


I wanted to include the dogs in the costume fun, and I found a cow costume for Mia and a sheep for Beckham.  We could have our own little barnyard full of animals!  I just knew I could get a cute picture of them all together, but- boy, I was wrong.  It took at least 10 minutes to get the dogs' costumes on, and then there was not a chance they would hold still or lay next to Evin.  The best photo I could get:

Crazy pooches!



 Mama and baby chick.

Papa and chick-a-dee.


Mitch's parents' church was having a Trunk-or-Treat event, so we stopped by for a few minutes to say hi.  Their car was set up with a race car theme, so Linette was dressed to fit the theme, too!
GiGi and her chick.

PawPaw & Little E

 After we left, we headed to my mom's house.


Opening her Halloween treat bag from Mums.  She got her treats from GiGi and PawPaw the next day.  What a spoiled little girl!

Our first Halloween as a family of 3!

Happy Halloween from the cutest chicken on the block!


No comments:

Post a Comment