Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Birthday, Evin!


Evin Kate,



Today, my little miracle baby, you are an entire year old!




A year ago I was going to the doctor to check for progress and was sent to the hospital to welcome you into the world.  I had such a rush of excitement to meet you!  I wondered what you would look like and what your little personality would be like.  I couldn’t wait to meet you!



I loved you the minute I found out I was pregnant with you and that love multiplied when you were born.  I thought it couldn’t get any stronger, but the more I know you, the more I love you!



A whole year ago little 6-pound-14-ounce-you entered the world.  There were times this year seemed to drag by as we were waiting and stressing about your upcoming surgery.  After your repair, the days have gone by in fast forward.  I desperately need time to slow down!  While I love to watch you learn & grow, I hate to see time fly by so quickly.



You are the perfect balance of sweet and sassy, and you make us laugh constantly.  Even though you are timid in public or in large groups, you have quite the personality at home and you are not afraid to “share” your opinion with us.  You are really an easy baby, minus that whole heart surgery thing you put us through. ;)



On this day 1 year ago, you entered the world and stole our hearts.  You have taken us on the wildest rollercoaster ride, but it has been the best year of our lives.  Before you were born I selected a Bible verse to print and frame for your nursery. 



“Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.”

-Philippians 11:3



I think I chose this verse for a reason.  You are our precious miracle and every single day we thank God for YOU!  




We love love love you, sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment