Monday, March 10, 2014

Rock Your Scar

The week of February 7th-14th was Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week.  Mended Little Hearts is a non-profit organization that provides support to children & families impacted by congenital heart defects.  They held their first photo contest during awareness week, so we had to enter Evin!

The name of the contest this year was "Rock Your Scar" so you were supposed to post a picture of your heart warrior rocking their scar.  I looked at several other entries and some of them went with a rockstar theme, but many did not.  I found out AFTER we took the photos that a big part of the judging was the use of the rockstar theme.  The were very clear about this when they posted the information in some places, but it didn't even mention that it needed to be rockstar themed in other places!  

Kyla, the resident family photographer, took the pictures of Evin for me.  Evin usually smiles very easily for me at home, but when Kyla gets out her camera she gets very serious and uncooperative.  She got several great shots even though her model was being a little bit of a toot!

 This was our favorite one, and the one that I entered into the contest.  How could she not have won?! ;)

Our goal was to get a picture like the one above, the rest of these pictures are just bonus pictures that Kyla took as Evin was playing.  I LOVE them!


Love, love, love.  And I don't know if I like it better in color or black & white?




Even though Evin didn't win, I had fun participating in the contest!  They are supposed to make it an annual event, so I am sure we will enter again next year and maybe follow the rules a little more closely.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment