Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Week in Photos- 1 year 16 weeks

{July 9th-15th}

Silly faces!



















She still really uses her arms to help balance when she walks and that usually means her left arm is up in the air. :)


Kyla and I took the kids to Cotton Patch for lunch.  Lane escaped the booth and went to play with Evin.  I told them both to look and smile and this is what I got.  Lane said he was "helping her look at the camera"- haha!


Water table fun!




She tried her very hardest to catch that stream of water.


Summer = lots of popsicles!  I found some tiny popsicles that are the perfect size for Evin.
{Bad knee placement in the below photo-haha!}


Daddy had a little too much fun playing with the water hose.  Evin looks like a wet rat!

A little morning giraffe ride
Although she looks naked, she was wearing a diaper!


Ryan, Mason and Mason's uncle, Jason, and his little girl, Kambry, came in town to go to a Ranger game.  They stayed with my mom, so Lane had a play mate for a couple of days!  They made the rounds in the police car and Evin got to join in.  Lane's concentration while shooting a "bad guy" cracks me up!


Evin's turn to be on the lookout for bad guys.


Look at this pose.  Looks like a school picture!
(minus the swimsuit and the drool- ha!)

We went out to eat and did some shopping and Evin thought this statue was so funny.



Leading Daddy all over the store.


Our library has a new children's librarian and they are now doing baby story time once a week.  I wish I would have realized this earlier in the summer, or we would have been going!  She went for the first time this week.  First, she loved checking out the toys.


She was a little skeptical and got clingy when everyone started singing songs together or clapping loudly, but overall she did OK.  Her favorite part was looking at the books in the middle of the circle before story time actually started.  She loves books!


After story time, we packed up and headed to San Angelo to visit the Snowdens and see Paw.  While waiting for our table at Henry's, the kiddos patiently colored pictures.


On the way to San Angelo, Evin slept quite a bit and just seemed a little lethargic.  I stopped to change her diaper and noticed she felt hot.  She was running a low temp, but was still acting mostly ok.  The next morning, she was worse and had been pulling at her ear, so of course, I feared she had an ear infection.  I took her to a walk-in clinic in San Angelo (because it was Saturday- why is she always sick on the weekends?!).  Still looking cute, even though she felt yucky.
Let me tell you, it was NOT a fun doctor's visit.  She wasn't feeling well, we were in a new place, and she hadn't ever seen any of the nurses/doctors before.  She typically isn't a fan of the doctor, but this time, she really lost it.  She screamed and sobbed and just clung to me.  It broke my heart!  The doctor pretty much said it sounded like she has allergies that turned into an upper respiratory infection.  She said she couldn't tell if she had an ear infection or not (strange, I know) but she sent us to Walgreens with a prescription.  She said she wasn't contagious, so we could just go on about our business and the meds should kick in soon.


Love this sweet, bald baby!


Paw came to San Angelo for the day and we were happy to see him!  Well, I was happy to see him.  Evin has always been ok with Paw, but today she just wasn't feeling it (probably because she didn't feel well).  I wanted to get her picture with Paw, but she cried anytime I tried to set her in his lap.  I eventually just sat on the couch and sat her next to me, near Paw.  She sat there for a minute, looked right at him and crawled over me to sit on the other side.  Then she peeked around me to give him a look!  Silly girl!


Love these matching cousins!


This series of pictures cracks me up.  Evin was all about patting Ellis on the head, and giving her hugs and kisses.








Evin hadn't been eating or drinking much since she didn't feel well.  I was starting to get worried because she hadn't had a wet diaper in quite a while, so we had a popsicle for a snack.  It got some fluids in her and did the trick!




I love when she stands on her tippy toes.


Littlest E loves to dish out grins!  She is one happy girl.



The next morning Evin woke up and you could tell she felt AWFUL.  She was running a high fever, which I thought was strange since she had taken a couple of doses of her meds by this point.  More on that later...


My road trip buddy, on the way home.  We stopped at Sonic for lunch and a break.  I hadn't ever traveled with both dogs, and Evin by myself.  Trying to eat lunch, feed Evin lunch and keep the dogs out of our food was quite the ordeal!


Lookin' cute in her jellyfish tank!
Later this day Evin woke up from her nap with a faint rash on her neck & belly.  I called the doc and left a message for the nurse.  She called back and said she was very confident that Evin had Roseola.  It is common in babies from 6 months-2 years and they have fever for 3 days followed by a rash that lasts about 2 days.  It IS contagious before they have the rash, so we hoped that since Ellis and the other kids in San Angelo were not in that age range, that they wouldn't get it.  Luckily, they didn't!


Playing ball in Target.  I can't take them anywhere!


Evin had a cardiology appointment this week, so naturally, she wore a heart shirt. :)
I'll do a separate post on this later.

We had to say "see ya later" to the Coots family (minus Kyle because he was already gone) as they headed to Chicago.  Kyle started his Executive MBA program in June, and Kyla & the kids stayed with my mom while he got settled in and got started on classes.  We had such a fun month with them!


Kyla had been packing for 2 days and will kill me for posting these no-makeup shots, but I love them!



We took them to the airport and had some tearful goodbyes, but it is a little easier knowing that Kyla has several trips home already planned.  I see lots of picture texts and facetiming in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment