Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week in Photos- 42 weeks old

It's hard to believe that in just 10 weeks my little girl will be 1 year old.  I feel like 2014 just started and we are zipping our way through January, and February is right around the corner!

There has been a major flu outbreak in our area and it scares me to death.  I keep hearing the number of flu-related deaths announced on the news and the numbers are considered to be at an epidemic level.  Often times when they announce that another life has been taken by the flu, they will say that the person had underlying health conditions.  Every time I hear that, I think of Evin and her condition.  If Evin gets sick, it will hit her much harder than it would a kid with a healthy heart.  We are doing all we can to keep Evin as healthy as possible, so until the flu outbreak subsides, Little E is pretty much on house arrest.  We only take her to friend's or relative's houses if we know that they are all healthy, but other than that, she is stuck at home!  I look forward to the day that we can take her places and I am not filled with worry about germs attacking her little body.

Anyway...back to this week's pictures!

Suited up in one of her Christmas gifts from the Coots.  Looks like she is ready to take a jog!


My bath lover.

On Saturday during this week we got together with my best girl friends and their husbands at Courtney & Dustin's house.  I was college roomies with these girls and now we are spread out over DFW, so we don't get to see each other as often.  We still have a great time when we get together!  I was the first of the group to have a baby, so Evin got lots of attention!

EK hasn't gotten to be around the girls a ton, so wasn't so sure about everyone at first.  She warmed up to them by the end of the night!

Love this picture with Julie!


Evin loves jewelry and was all about Courtney's necklace.


She and Lauren became buddies towards the end of the night.



Before Evin was born, my mom bought her the cutest shirt that had a dog on it that looked just like Finley.  Evin loves Finley and gets so excited when she sees her at my mom's house.  I tried so hard to get a good picture of them together with Evin wearing her shirt.  Finley was not so excited about posing, and Evin's shirt kept folding to where you couldn't see the dog's face.  After several tries, these are the best that I got!

Can you feel Evin's excitement?!


I did get this cute picture with Mums!

And my mom got some cute close-ups of Evin while doing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider."


My sweet girl.



I just love this little ladybug to pieces.

We made a day trip to Brady to see Paw.  It was nice to have a good lunch and visit with Paw for a couple of hours.  He enjoyed watching her play, and she hung out in his lap for awhile.

Two super special people.

This is pretty much what she did the entire time she sat with him.  Stared at him while he talked and sang.  At one point, I overheard him telling her how she must have gotten her good looks from her great-grandfather.  ;)

Evin tried spaghetti, green beans & bread one night when we had dinner with my mom.  She liked the taste of it, but just can't handle texture yet!  We are working on it...

Playing in Uncle Alex's hat after dinner.

Such a big girl!  
(She did not pull herself up, Mitch put her like this so we haven't lowered the mattress just yet!)

Silly girl, hanging out with her Stuffie.

Bed head!

Telling me all about her day.


No comments:

Post a Comment