Thursday, August 6, 2015

June

June was full of fun!  I wrapped up the school year, we went to Evanston, and I got to spend lots of quality time with my girl.  Perfect!

There have been probably fewer than 10 times that Evin has not liked her bath.  She has a great time playing with bubbles, fishing, or just splashing around.  As much as she loves her bath, she still does NOT love getting water on her face. 


Mums texted me this picture one morning while I was at school.  Breakfast at good ol' Mickey D's!  I could tell Evin had just gotten up because she still has her sleepy, swollen eyes.


Kicked back, enjoying a walk with Mommy.


Heyyyy, girl!


E loves to check out the animals at Petco and Petsmart.  Easy and cheap- I like it! :)


Ready for her first swim of the year!  
I was so excited last summer when I snagged this suit on super clearance at the Gap outlet.  It's a perfect fit!


Cheeeeeese!


It took her a while to warm up to being in the water.  She clung to me for a good 20 minutes before deciding that it was kind of fun.  After forcing her to jump in, she couldn't be stopped.  She did it over and over and over...


Staying cool in the heat with the water table.


Red cheeks, sunscreen smeared on her face, and in her swimsuit...looks like summer to me!



We have a new snocone place near our house, Yo Mama's.  Evin approved!




My heart


Mitch brought Evin to play on our school playground during our teacher workday.  Evin found this headband and insisted on wearing it this way.  Stylish. ;)


Speaking of stylish...


Kathy kept the dogs while we were in Evanston, so we made a quick San Angelo trip to pick them up.  Evin gave the babies a "baf" while we were there.


I guess I need to stick some mail in Evin's mailbox.  Poor girl checks it often, and there is never any in there!


She asks for "pah-culls" often!


Evin said, "Mommy, watch me!" and then proceeded to fold her hands and close her eyes.  I asked her if she was praying and she said, "YES!"  Sweet girl.



Just doing some light cooking while wearing Daddy's flip flops backwards.


Waiting for the library to open...


...and running on the way out.




Mitch and I took E to Six Flags for a couple of hours.  We got there shortly after it opened, and tried to beat the heat (it was still hot).


Evin likes rides that spin, but not necessarily go really high.  We thought she would love this Batman ride, but she freaked when it went up high.  There was a button to control the plane going up and down, so Mitch set it to hang out down low for the rest of the ride. :)


The carousel is probably her fav.


E made herself comfy at story time. 


Someone is obsessed with gum.  She constantly asks for gum, and I occasionally give her a teeny tiny piece.  I heard a crash and came in to find that this little sneak had pulled my purse down off the chair, and opened the container of gum to help herself.


Potty training- attempt 1:
After we got back from Evanston, we gave potty training a shot.  Being a first time parent, I don't really know how to go about doing this, besides the advice that others give.  She would go in the potty a couple of times a day, when we were home, but she was still wearing diapers.  She will sit on the potty FOREVER if you give her the iPad, which isn't really teaching her to know when she needs to go.  Long story short, we gave it a shot for a few days, and she did pretty good at first, and then started regressing.  We will give it another go (maybe using different methods?) soon.


She's so BIG!


Two beach babes, ready for a swim.




Every time I look at this picture, I can't get over how old she looks.  Maybe it is because her arms and legs look so long!


She re-discovered her Elsa headband and it was love at first sight all over again. 


Just two girls...swinging at the park.  Ha!




The kitchen window has become a new favorite play place.  Sans pants, evidently.


Another recent form of entertainment- taking all the DVDs out of the drawer and *attempting* to put them back in.  Fun times!


Dinner at Cotton Patch = Pony Rides!



       Evin and Mitch headed out to Bass Pro with GiGi, PawPaw, Granny & Pa, while I stayed home to mark some things off my to-do list.    I got several pictures while they were gone and it looked like they were having a great time!




Evin had a bug bite on her forehead that morning and when she got home it was pretty swollen.  One eye was swollen, and the other was red and gunky.  The next day I took her to the doctor and she had pink eye plus a mosquito bite that was out of control.  Luckily, the drops they gave helped pretty quickly.


Wouldn't we all love to push our babies while wearing our pink piggy slippers?!


When I asked her what she was painting she replied, "Piggy!"
Picasso, I tell you.


I cleaned out my old jewelry, so Evin gained some new dress up jewels.  She was pretty proud!


Looking cute in her suit!


No comments:

Post a Comment