Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Father's Day

Father's Day has always been kind of a hard day for me (for the last 9 Father's Days, anyway).  I miss my dad every day, but seeing pictures of others with their Dads on Facebook and seeing Dads out with their kids always makes my heart hurt a little more.  I selfishly wish that he was here so I could be with him, but I wish even more that Evin could be with him.  He was the best!  He would have been one incredible Papa John.



Father's Day seemed to be a tiny bit easier this year, because it was nice to be able to focus on making the day special for Mitch.  We had a great day- at least I thought it was great, I hope Mitch thought so, too!
We went to church, where Little E is getting more and more difficult to handle.  She is at the age where she does not want to sit still, and she gets impatient with us and starts to get a little rowdy.  I know the nursery is always an option, but she just hasn't ever been it a setting like that with a bunch of other kids and without a family member.  I am just so nervous that she would pick up a toy another kid has just had in their mouth, and put it in her mouth, and because of her heart she could get really sick.  Normal colds hit Evin pretty hard, so I know bigger illnesses would hit her hard, too.  Anyway, back to Father's Day...

After church we headed to eat at BJ's Brewhouse, at Mitch's request.

Aren't they the cutest?!?  And her shirt really is true, she loves her Daddy!!!

When we got home, Mitch opened his gifts with help from Evin, of course.

Notice the paper snatcher in the bottom left corner...

Evin thinks it is SO funny when Beckham grabs the paper and shreds it.

Watching him put on a show.

Mitch opening his gift from Evin- it was a fishing lure with a metal tag on it that says, "I <3 you Daddy".  Look how proud she is!

We also gave Mitch a Nike Fuel band, that tracks movement and gives you "Fuel Points" throughout the day to gauge how much you are moving/working out.  He has been wearing it since Father's Day and he really likes it so far!

Of course, she loved shredding the paper with Beckham.

We had a fun afternoon playing outside, E took a nap, and then we met GiGi & PawPaw for dinner at Olive Garden.  These 2 had fun chatting it up.

They came back to our house afterward, and Evin gave PawPaw his own "I <3 You" fishing lure and a gift card to buy some fishing gear. 
I am so, so glad Evin has her PawPaw in her life.  He is so good to our family and is always willing to drop what he is doing at home to come over and help when we need it, whether it be helping to fix our washing machine or helping to catch a snake in my mom's house.  He adores Evin and she loves to flash her cheesy grin at him when he least expects it.  She loves her PawPaw!



I think Evin's love for her Daddy could be summed up on her expression when she hears the garage door go up at the end of the day and she knows he is going to walk through the door.  Her eyes get big and she lets out this little gasp like, "Oh!  He's coming!"  She gives him the sweetest smile when he comes in and it just melts my heart.  Watching Mitch be a Daddy to Evin is one of the best things in my life.  He is protective, but challenges her and wants want is best for her.  He adores his little girl, and I adore him for it.  We love you, Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment